88.7101 Foreign support agreement.—
(1) Except as provided in subsections (3) and (4), a tribunal of this state shall recognize and enforce a foreign support agreement registered in this state.
(2) An application or direct request for recognition and enforcement of a foreign support agreement must be accompanied by:
(a) A complete text of the foreign support agreement; and
(b) A record stating that the foreign support agreement is enforceable as an order of support in the issuing country.
(3) A tribunal of this state may vacate the registration of a foreign support agreement only if, acting on its own motion, the tribunal finds that recognition and enforcement would be manifestly incompatible with public policy.
(4) In a contest of a foreign support agreement, a tribunal of this state may refuse recognition and enforcement of the agreement if it finds:
(a) Recognition and enforcement of the agreement is manifestly incompatible with public policy;
(b) The agreement was obtained by fraud or falsification;
(c) The agreement is incompatible with a support order issued between the same parties and having the same purpose in this state, another state, or a foreign country if the support order is entitled to recognition in this state; or
(d) The record submitted under subsection (2) lacks authenticity or integrity.
(5) A proceeding for recognition and enforcement of a foreign support agreement must be suspended during the pendency of a challenge to or appeal of the agreement before a tribunal of another state or a foreign country.
History.—s. 68, ch. 2011-92.Section: Previous 88.70111 88.7021 88.7031 88.7041 88.7051 88.7061 88.7071 88.7081 88.7091 88.7101 88.7111 88.7121 88.7131 Next
Last modified: September 23, 2016