(725 ILCS 5/107-11) (from Ch. 38, par. 107-11)
Sec. 107-11. When summons may be issued.
(a) When authorized to issue a warrant of arrest, a court may instead issue a summons.
(b) The summons shall:
(1) Be in writing;
(2) State the name of the person summoned and his or
her address, if known;
(3) Set forth the nature of the offense;
(4) State the date when issued and the municipality
or county where issued;
(5) Be signed by the judge of the court with the
title of his or her office; and
(6) Command the person to appear before a court at a
certain time and place.
(c) The summons may be served in the same manner as the summons in a civil action, except that police officers may serve summons for violations of ordinances occurring within their municipalities.
(Source: P.A. 87-574.)
Last modified: February 18, 2015