17:9A-7. Incorporation of savings bank
Nine or more persons, of full age, may incorporate a savings bank on the terms and provisions prescribed by this act. Such persons shall execute and acknowledge a certificate of incorporation stating:
(1) the name by which the savings bank shall be known;
(2) the street, street number, if any, and municipality in which the principal office of the savings bank is to be located;
(3) the amount of the capital deposits with which the savings bank will commence business;
(4) the names and addresses of the incorporators;
(5) the number of managers, or that the number of managers shall be not less than a stated minimum or more than a stated maximum;
(6) the names of the persons who will serve as managers until their successors are elected and qualify;
(7) such fiduciary powers, if any, as the savings bank shall be authorized to exercise; and
(8) such other provisions, not inconsistent with this act, as the incorporators may choose to insert for the regulation of the business and affairs of the savings bank.
L. 1948, c. 67, s.7; amended by L. 1987, c. 201, s. 28.
Section: Previous 17-9a-3 17-9a-4 17-9a-5 17-9a-6 17-9a-6.1 17-9a-6.2 17-9a-6.3 17-9a-7 17-9a-8 17-9a-8.1 17-9a-8.2 17-9a-8.3 17-9a-8.4 17-9a-8.5 17-9a-8.6 Next
Last modified: October 11, 2016