New Jersey Revised Statutes § 30:4-165.7 - Filing Of Complaint For Guardianship.

30:4-165.7 Filing of complaint for guardianship.

1.The commissioner or any parent, spouse, relative, or interested party, on behalf of an alleged incapacitated person who is receiving functional or other services and is over 18 years of age, may file a complaint upon notice to the alleged incapacitated person with the Superior Court in the county furnishing the services or in which such parent, spouse, relative, or interested party resides, for a judgment designating a guardian. The county of settlement shall be served with a copy of the moving papers, however, the county may waive service of the moving papers if it has no reason to oppose the action. If the county elects to oppose the action it shall do so within 30 days after being served with a copy of the moving papers. Unless filed by the commissioner, a complaint shall be served by the filing party upon the Division of Developmental Disabilities, to the attention of the Regional Director for the region in which the alleged incapacitated person is receiving functional or other services. The filing party shall likewise serve upon the Regional Director a copy of the Order Fixing Hearing Date and Appointing Attorney for Alleged Incapacitated Person, as well as a copy of any Judgment of Incapacity and Order Appointing Guardian.

L.1970, c.289, s.1; amended 1976, c.76, s.1; 1985, c.133, s.4; 1995, c.155, s.25; 1997, c.379, s.4; 2015, c.132, s.2.

Section: Previous  30-4-162  30-4-165.1  30-4-165.2  30-4-165.3  30-4-165.4  30-4-165.5  30-4-165.6  30-4-165.7  30-4-165.8  30-4-165.11  30-4-165.12  30-4-165.13  30-4-165.13a  30-4-165.14  30-4-165.15  Next

Last modified: October 11, 2016