New Jersey Revised Statutes § 40:52-10 - Licensing Of Rooming, Boarding Houses.

40:52-10 Licensing of rooming, boarding houses.

2.The governing body of a municipality may, by ordinance, elect to license rooming and boarding houses located in the municipality in accordance with the provisions of this act. The governing body of a municipality that elects to license rooming and boarding houses may adopt, by ordinance, such regulations as it deems appropriate and necessary to enforce the provisions of P.L.1993, c.290; except those regulations shall not be inconsistent with the rules and regulations promulgated by the commissioner pursuant to P.L.1979, c.496 (C.55:13B-1 et seq.) to which rooming and boarding houses shall remain subject. If the governing body elects to license such facilities, the governing body shall so notify the Commissioner of Community Affairs or his designee. An owner or operator of a rooming or boarding house licensed by a municipality pursuant to this act shall not be required to pay an annual licensing fee for that rooming or boarding house to the Department of Community Affairs pursuant to the "Rooming and Boarding House Act of 1979," P.L.1979, c.496 (C.55:13B-1 et seq.).

L.1993,c.290,s.2; amended 1997, c.344, s.1; 1999, c.241, s.1.

Section: Previous  40-52-1.2  40-52-1.3  40-52-2  40-52-4  40-52-7  40-52-8  40-52-9  40-52-10  40-52-11  40-52-12  40-52-13  40-52-14  40-52-15  40-52-16  40-52-17  Next

Last modified: October 11, 2016