New York Education Law Section 3007 - Endorsement of foreign certificates and diplomas.

3007. Endorsement of foreign certificates and diplomas. The commissioner of education may in his discretion endorse:

1. A diploma issued by a normal school or teachers college of another state.

2. A certificate issued by the chief educational officer or state board of another state.

Such endorsement confers on the holder of such diploma or certificate the privileges conferred by law on the holder of the diploma of a state teachers college or state college for teachers or state certificate issued in this state. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the commissioner shall require that any person seeking endorsement of a foreign certificate or diploma, on or after January first, nineteen hundred ninety-one, shall have completed two hours of coursework or training regarding the identification and reporting of child abuse and maltreatment. The coursework or training shall be obtained from an institution or provider which has been approved by the department to provide such course work or training. The coursework or training shall include information regarding the physical and behavioral indicators of child abuse and maltreatment and the statutory reporting requirements set out in sections four hundred thirteen through four hundred twenty of the social services law, including but not limited to, when and how a report must be made, what other actions the reporter is mandated or authorized to take, the legal protections afforded reporters, and the consequences for failing to report. Each applicant shall provide the department with documentation showing that he or she has completed the required training.

Last modified: February 3, 2019