803-a. Adirondack park local government review board. 1. For the purpose of advising and assisting the Adirondack park agency in carrying out its functions, powers and duties, there is hereby established the Adirondack park local government review board. Such board shall consist of twelve members, each of whom shall be a resident of a county wholly or partly within the park. No more than one member shall be a resident of any single county. Each member shall be appointed by or in the manner determined by the legislative body of each such county.
2. The members of the review board shall serve for such terms as shall be determined by their respective appointing authorities. Any member of the board may, if authorized by his appointing authority, designate an alternate to serve in his absence.
3. The review board shall elect, for such term as it may determine, a chairman from among its membership and such other officers as it deems necessary.
4. The review board shall meet regularly at least four times each year. Special meetings may be called by the chairman and shall be called by him at the request of a majority of the review board.
5. No member of the review board shall be disqualified from holding any other office or employment by reason of his appointment hereunder, notwithstanding the provisions of any general, special or local law.
6. The members of the review board shall receive no compensation for their services but their respective appointing authorities may provide for payment of their actual and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of their duties hereunder.
7. In addition to any other functions or duties specifically required or authorized in this article, the review board shall monitor the administration and enforcement of the Adirondack park land use and development plan and periodically report thereon, and make recommendations in regard thereto, to the governor and the legislature, and to the county legislative body of each of the counties wholly or partly within the park.
Last modified: February 3, 2019