* 899. Comprehensive grant information. 1. The office shall request such specific information as the director determines to be necessary concerning assistance programs and grants administered by federal, state, and local agencies designed to enhance the revitalization of distressed urban areas. Such information shall be provided, upon request, to local agencies for the purpose of maximizing the coordination of program and grant participation by such agencies.
2. Not later than March first, nineteen hundred eighty, the office shall report to the governor and the legislature upon the availability of grants, financial assistance and technical assistance for the purposes of the revitalization of distressed urban areas. Such report shall comment upon the adequacy of current methods for the dissemination of information to local agencies and governmental units and shall contain recommendations for the improvement of the dissemination of such information.
3. Any applicant, located in distressed urban areas, for program grants to improve the physical or economic condition of such areas may confer with the office to obtain assistance in the prompt and efficient processing and review of application.
4. The office shall, so far as possible, render such assistance; and the director may designate an officer or employee of the office to act as an expeditor for the purpose of:
(a) Facilitating contacts for the applicant with state, federal or local agencies responsible for processing and reviewing grant applications;
(b) Arranging conferences to clarify the interest and requirements of any such agency with respect to grant applications;
(c) Considering with the agencies the feasibility of consolidating hearings and data required of the applicant;
(d) Assisting the applicant in the resolution of outstanding issues identified by the agencies, including delays experienced in application review; and
(e) Coordinating federal, state, and local grant application review actions and assistance programs to the extent practicable.
* NB Expired March 31, 1985
Last modified: February 3, 2019