(a) Administration and Support. - Upon being certified as a North Carolina certified retirement community, the Department shall provide the following assistance to the community:
(1) Assistance in the training of local Program staff and volunteers.
(2) Ongoing oversight and guidance in marketing and updating on national retirement trends.
(3) Inclusion in the State's national advertising and public relations campaigns and travel show promotions, including a prominent feature on the Department's Web site.
(4) Eligibility for State financial assistance for brochures, support material, and advertising.
(5) An annual evaluation and progress assessment on maintaining and improving the community's desirability as a home for retirees.
(b) Expiration. - A community's certification under this section expires on the fifth anniversary of the date the initial certification is issued. To be considered for recertification by the Department, an applicant community shall submit the following:
(1) A completed new application in accordance with the requirements of this Part.
(2) Data demonstrating the success or failure of the community's efforts to market and promote itself as a desirable location for retirees and potential retirees.
(3) The fee required by G.S. 143B-437.100(d)(4). (2008-188, s. 1; 2011-145, s. 14.3C.)
Sections: Previous 143B-437.80 143B-437.81 143B-437.82 143B-437.83 143B-437.90 143B-437.91 143B-437.100 143B-437.101 143B-438.10 143B-438.11 143B-438.12 143B-438.13 143B-438.14 143B-438.15 143B-438.16 Next
Last modified: March 23, 2014