The Section of Correction Enterprises of the Division of Adult Correction is empowered and authorized to market and sell products and services produced by Correction Enterprises to any of the following entities:
(1) Any public agency or institution owned, managed, or controlled by the State.
(2) Any county, city, or town in this State.
(3) Any federal, state, or local public agency or institution in any other state of the union.
(4) An entity or organization that has tax-exempt status pursuant to section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Products purchased by an entity pursuant to this subdivision may not be resold.
(5) Any current employee or retiree of the State of North Carolina or of a unit of local government of this State, verified through State-issued identification, or through proof of retirement status, but purchases by a State or local governmental employee or retiree may not exceed two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) during any calendar year. Products purchased by State and local governmental employees and retirees under this section may not be resold.
(6) Private contractors when the goods purchased will be used to perform work under a contract with a public agency. (2007-280, s. 1; 2009-451, s. 19.16; 2011-145, ss. 18.14, 19.1(j); 2013-289, s. 6.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014