North Carolina General Statutes § 159G-34 Loans and grants available from Drinking Water Reserve

(a) Types. - The Department is authorized to make the types of loans and grants listed in this section from the Drinking Water Reserve. Each type of loan or grant must be administered through a separate account within the Drinking Water Reserve.

(1) General. - A loan or grant is available for a project for a public water system.

(2) High-unit-cost grant. - A grant is available for the portion of the construction costs of a public water system project that results in an estimated average household user fee for water and sewer service in the area served by the project that exceeds the high-unit-cost threshold.

(3) Technical assistance grant. - A technical assistance grant is available to determine the best way to correct the deficiencies in a public water system that does not comply with State law or the rules adopted to implement that law.

(4) Emergency loan. - An emergency loan is available to an applicant in the event the Secretary certifies that either a serious public health hazard or a drought emergency related to the water supply system is present or imminent in a community.

(b) Interaccount Transfer. - The Secretary may use revenue in any account in the Drinking Water Reserve to provide funds for an emergency loan. (2005-454, s. 3.)

Sections:  Previous  159G-24  159G-25  159G-26  159G-30  159G-31  159G-32  159G-33  159G-34  159G-35  159G-36  159G-37  159G-38  159G-39  159G-40  159G-41  Next

Last modified: March 23, 2014