There is established the Roanoke River Basin Bi-State Commission. The Commission shall be composed of members from the State of North Carolina and the Commonwealth of Virginia. The purposes of the Commission shall be to:
(1) Provide guidance and make recommendations to local, state, and federal legislative and administrative bodies, and to others as it deems necessary and appropriate, for the use, stewardship, and enhancement of the water, and other natural resources, for all citizens within the Basin.
(2) Provide a forum for discussion of issues affecting the Basin's water quantity and water quality and issues affecting other natural resources.
(3) Promote communication, coordination, and education among stakeholders within the Basin.
(4) Identify problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
(5) Undertake studies and prepare, publish, and disseminate information through reports, and in other forms, related to water quantity, water quality, and other natural resources of the Basin. (2002-177, s. 1.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014