(A) Upon request, each manufacturer of a traffic law photo-monitoring device shall provide to a local authority utilizing its devices the maintenance record of any such device used in that local authority.
(1) Commencing January 2015, not later than the last day of January of each year, the manufacturer of a traffic law photo-monitoring device shall provide to the applicable local authority a certificate of proper operation that attests to the accuracy of the device in recording a traffic law violation.
(2) In addition to the requirement prescribed in division (B)(1) of this section, for every such device that is considered mobile, meaning it is attached to a trailer, vehicle, or other wheeled apparatus so that it is easily moved to different system locations, both of the following apply:
(a) Each local authority shall test the accuracy of each such device with an independent, certified speed measuring device or some other commonly accepted method prior to its use at each system location.
(b) Each local authority shall clearly and conspicuously mark on the outside of the trailer, vehicle, or wheeled apparatus that contains the traffic law photo-monitoring device that the device is contained therein and that the trailer, vehicle, or wheeled apparatus is the property of the local authority.
(C) In the case of a traffic law photo-monitoring device that is used at an intersection to detect violations of section 4511.12 of the Revised Code based on the failure to comply with section 4511.13 of the Revised Code or a substantially equivalent municipal ordinance, the local authority shall not issue a ticket for a violation based upon evidence recorded by a traffic law photo-monitoring device when a vehicle makes a legal right or left turn-on-red-signal if all of the following apply:
(1) The vehicle can make the turn safely.
(2) The vehicle comes to a complete stop at any point prior to completing the turn.
(3) No pedestrians are in the crosswalk, or are about to enter the crosswalk, of any approach to the intersection the vehicle occupies while commencing or making the turn.
Added by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, SB 342, §1, eff. 3/23/2015.Section: Previous 4511.06 4511.07 4511.071 4511.08 4511.09 4511.091 4511.0910 4511.0911 4511.0912 4511.0913 4511.0914 4511.0915 4511.092 4511.093 4511.094 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016