As used in sections 4511.092 to 4511.0914 of the Revised Code:
(A) "Designated party" means the person whom the registered owner of a motor vehicle, upon receipt of a ticket based upon images recorded by a traffic law photo-monitoring device that indicate a traffic law violation, identifies as the person who was operating the vehicle of the registered owner at the time of the violation.
(B) "Hearing officer" means any person appointed by the mayor, board of county commissioners, or board of township trustees of a local authority, as applicable, to conduct administrative hearings on violations recorded by traffic law photo-monitoring devices, other than a person who is employed by a law enforcement agency as defined in section 109.573 of the Revised Code.
(C) "Law enforcement officer" means a sheriff, deputy sheriff, marshal, deputy marshal, police officer of a police department of any municipal corporation, police constable of any township, or police officer of a township or joint police district, who is employed on a permanent, full-time basis by the law enforcement agency of a local authority that assigns such person to the location of a traffic law photo-monitoring device.
(D) "Local authority" means a municipal corporation, county, or township.
(E) "Motor vehicle leasing dealer" has the same meaning as in section 4517.01 of the Revised Code.
(F) "Motor vehicle renting dealer" has the same meaning as in section 4549.65 of the Revised Code.
(G) "Recorded images" means any of the following images recorded by a traffic law photo-monitoring device that show, on at least one image or on a portion of the videotape, the rear of a motor vehicle and the letters and numerals on the rear license plate of the vehicle:
(1) Two or more photographs, microphotographs, electronic images, or digital images;
(H) "Registered owner" means all of the following:
(1) Any person or entity identified by the bureau of motor vehicles or any other state motor vehicle registration bureau, department, or office as the owner of a motor vehicle;
(2) The lessee of a motor vehicle under a lease of six months or longer;
(3) The renter of a motor vehicle pursuant to a written rental agreement with a motor vehicle renting dealer.
(I) "System location" means the approach to an intersection or area of roadway toward which a traffic law photo-monitoring device is directed and is in operation.
(J) "Ticket" means any traffic ticket, citation, summons, or other ticket issued in response to an alleged traffic law violation detected by a traffic law photo-monitoring device, that represents a civil violation.
(K) "Traffic law photo-monitoring device" means an electronic system consisting of a photographic, video, or electronic camera and a means of sensing the presence of a motor vehicle that automatically produces recorded images.
(L) "Traffic law violation" means either of the following:
(1) A violation of section 4511.12 of the Revised Code based on the failure to comply with section 4511.13 of the Revised Code or a substantially equivalent municipal ordinance that occurs at an intersection due to failure to obey a traffic control signal;
(2) A violation of section 4511.21 or 4511.211 of the Revised Code or a substantially equivalent municipal ordinance due to failure to observe the applicable speed limit.
Added by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, SB 342, §1, eff. 3/23/2015.Section: Previous 4511.091 4511.0910 4511.0911 4511.0912 4511.0913 4511.0914 4511.0915 4511.092 4511.093 4511.094 4511.095 4511.096 4511.097 4511.098 4511.099 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016