Oregon Statutes - Chapter 116 - Accounting, Distribution and Closing - Section 116.373 - Foreign personal representatives and estates.

A personal representative acting in another state or a person required to pay the tax who is domiciled in another state may institute an action in the courts of this state and may recover a proportionate amount of the federal estate tax, of an estate tax payable to another state or of a death duty due by a decedentís estate to another state, from a person interested in the estate who is either domiciled in this state or who owns property in this state subject to attachment or execution. For the purposes of the action the determination of apportionment by the court having jurisdiction of the administration of the decedentís estate in the other state is prima facie correct. [1969 c.591 §201]

Section:  Previous  116.330  116.333  116.335  116.340  116.343  116.353  116.363  116.373  116.383  116.405  116.410  116.415  116.420  116.425  116.430  Next

Last modified: August 7, 2008