(1) Every county and city in this state shall provide, keep and maintain within or without the county or city, as the case may be, a local correctional facility for the reception and confinement of prisoners committed thereto. The local correctional facility shall be constructed of fireproof materials and should have fire exits in sufficient number and suitably located for the removal of prisoners.
(2) Any county, or incorporated city may rent or lease any structure answering the requirements of subsection (1) of this section, either in connection with or separately from any other county or city building.
(3) Any county and any incorporated city may, by agreement, provide, maintain, and use for their separate requirements, such a local correctional facility as is required by this section.
(4) Any county or incorporated city may, by agreement with any other county or incorporated city, provide for one such county or city to furnish local correctional facility accommodations for the imprisonment of prisoners of the other such county or city. Pursuant to such agreement, an Oregon county or city may secure the use of jail accommodations outside the state, but only in a county that adjoins the Oregon county or the county in which the Oregon city is located.
(5) The jail accommodations provided by or furnished to a county under this section shall be considered to be jail accommodations of the county for purposes of ORS 135.215, 137.140 and 137.330. [Amended by 1963 c.236 §2; 1973 c.740 §10; 1987 c.550 §1]Section: Previous 169.005 169.010 169.020 169.030 169.040 169.042 169.044 169.046 169.050 169.053 169.055 169.060 169.070 169.072 169.075 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008