Each lockup facility shall:
(1) Maintain 24-hour supervision when persons are confined; such supervision may include the use of electronic monitoring equipment when approved by the Department of Corrections and the governing body of the area in which the facility is located.
(2) Make a personal inspection of each person confined at least once each hour.
(3) Prohibit firearms from the security area of the facility except in times of emergency as determined by the administrator of the facility.
(4) Insure that confined detainees and prisoners will be fed daily at least three nutritionally adequate meals served at regular times, with no more than 14 hours between meals except when routinely absent from the facility for work or other such purposes.
(5) Forward, without examination or censorship, each prisonerís outgoing written communications to the Governor, jail administrator, Attorney General, judge, Department of Corrections or the attorney of the prisoner.
(6) Provide rules of the facility governing correspondence and visitations.
(7) Keep the facility safe and secure in accordance with the State of Oregon Structural Specialty Code and Fire and Life Safety Code.
(8) Formulate and publish plans to meet emergencies involving escape, riots, assaults, fires, rebellions and other types of emergencies; and policies and regulations for the operation of the facility.
(9) Insure that the facility be clean, provide mattresses and blankets that are clean and fire-retardant, and furnish materials to maintain personal hygiene.
(10) Provide for emergency medical and dental health, having written policies providing for licensed physician review of the facilityís medical and dental plans. [1979 c.487 §7 (enacted in lieu of 169.075); 1987 c.320 §93]Section: Previous 169.053 169.055 169.060 169.070 169.072 169.075 169.076 169.077 169.078 169.079 169.080 169.085 169.090 169.105 169.110 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008