(1) Except as otherwise provided by law, the provisions of ORS chapters 240, 276, 279A, 279B, 279C, 282, 283, 291, 292 and 293 do not apply to a board. A board is subject to all other statutes governing a state agency that do not conflict with ORS 182.456 to 182.472, including the tort liability provisions of ORS 30.260 to 30.300 and the provisions of ORS chapter 183, and a board’s employees are included within the Public Employees Retirement System.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, the following provisions shall apply to a board:
(a) ORS 240.309 (1) to (6) and 240.321;
(b) ORS 279A.250 to 279A.290;
(c) ORS 282.210 to 282.230; and
(d) ORS 293.240.
(3) In carrying out the duties, functions and powers of a board, the board may contract with any state agency for the performance of duties, functions and powers as the board considers appropriate. A state agency may not charge a board an amount that exceeds the actual cost of those services. ORS 182.456 to 182.472 do not require an agency to provide services to a board other than pursuant to a voluntary interagency agreement or contract.
(4) A board shall adopt personnel policies and contracting and purchasing procedures. The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall review those policies and procedures for compliance with applicable state and federal laws and collective bargaining contracts.
(5) Except as otherwise provided by law, directors and employees of a board are eligible to receive the same benefits as state employees and are entitled to retain their State of Oregon hire dates, transfer rights and job bidding rights, all without loss of seniority, and to the direct transfer of all accumulated state agency leaves. [1999 c.1084 §5; 2003 c.794 §204; 2007 c.71 §61]
Note: See note under 182.454.Section: Previous 182.435 182.440 182.450 182.451 182.452 182.454 182.456 182.460 182.462 182.464 182.466 182.468 182.470 182.472 182.500 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008