(1) The membership of the Commission for Women shall be comprised of 11 members, to include two representatives from the Legislative Assembly, one appointed by the President of the Senate, one appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Nine members shall be appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate pursuant to section 4, Article III, Oregon Constitution. To the extent possible, members appointed by the Governor shall provide for representation from all areas of the state. All of the members of the commission shall be residents of this state.
(2) Members appointed by the Governor shall serve for three-year terms. Legislators shall serve two-year terms.
(3) The Governor shall designate the chairperson of the commission to serve for a term of one year.
(4) Members shall meet at the call of the chairperson not less than three times annually.
(5) Consistent with Oregon law, the commission may receive and accept funds for purposes consistent with the creation of the commission. [1983 c.105 §2; 2005 c.818 §7a]Section: Previous 185.350 185.410 185.420 185.430 185.440 185.450 185.510 185.520 185.530 185.540 185.550 185.560 185.570 185.610 185.620 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008