(1) The Commission on Asian Affairs is created. The commission has 11 members. Nine of the 11 members shall be appointed by the Governor, subject to confirmation by the Senate under ORS 171.562 and 171.565. The President of the Senate shall appoint one Senator as a member of the commission, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall appoint one Representative as a member of the commission. To the extent possible, members appointed by the Governor shall provide for representation from all areas of the state. All of the members of the commission shall be residents of this state.
(2) The term of office is three years. Appointments to fill a vacancy for an unexpired term shall be made by the person who made the original appointment.
(3) The commission shall elect a chairperson and vice chairperson for a term of one year and shall determine the duties of the officers.
(4) A majority of the members of the commission constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(5) Appointments to the commission shall be made to ensure ethnic representation of Asian Americans in Oregon.
(6) Members of the commission who are not legislators shall be paid compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 from funds appropriated to the Oregon Advocacy Commissions Office.
(7) Members of the commission who are legislators shall be paid compensation and expense reimbursement as provided in ORS 171.072, payable from funds appropriated to the Legislative Assembly. [1995 c.665 §1; 1999 c.493 §2; 2005 c.233 §1; 2005 c.818 §9]Section: Previous 185.430 185.440 185.450 185.510 185.520 185.530 185.540 185.550 185.560 185.570 185.610 185.620 185.625 185.630 185.640 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008