(1) Upon the request of the Department of Human Services and the receipt of the certification required under subsection (2) of this section, a financial institution shall advise whether a person has one or more accounts with the financial institution, and if so, the balance on deposit in each such account on the date this information is provided.
(2) In requesting information under subsection (1) of this section, the department shall specify the name and Social Security number of the person upon whom the account information is sought, and shall certify to the financial institution in writing, signed by an agent of the department:
(a) That the person upon whom account information is sought is an applicant for or recipient of public assistance, as described in ORS 411.010 to 411.116; and
(b) That the department has authorization from the person for release of the account information.
(3) Any financial institution supplying account information under ORS 192.550 to 192.557 and 411.632 shall be reimbursed for actual costs incurred.
(4) No financial institution that supplies account information to the department pursuant to this section shall be liable to any person for any loss, damage or injury arising out of or in any way pertaining to the disclosure of account information under this section.
(5) Each financial institution that is requested to supply account information under this section may specify to the department that requests for account information and responses from the financial institution shall be submitted in written, tape or electronic format. A reasonable time shall be provided the financial institution for response.
(6) The department shall seek account information under this section only with respect to persons who are applicants for or recipients of public assistance as described in ORS 411.010 to 411.116. [1987 c.438 §2; 1999 c.80 §69; 2003 c.73 §59]Section: Previous 192.541 192.543 192.545 192.547 192.549 192.550 192.555 192.557 192.559 192.560 192.565 192.570 192.575 192.580 192.585 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008