(1) Nothing in ORS 192.550 to 192.595 shall require a financial institution to inquire or determine that those seeking disclosure have duly complied with the requirements set forth in ORS 192.550 to 192.595, provided only that the customer authorization, summons, subpoena or search warrant served upon or delivered to a financial institution pursuant to ORS 192.560, 192.565 or 192.570 shows compliance on its face.
(2) A financial institution which in good faith reliance refuses to disclose financial records of a customer upon the prohibitions of ORS 192.550 to 192.595, shall not be liable to its customer, to a state or local agency, or to any person for any loss or damage caused in whole or in part by such refusal.
(3) Financial institutions shall not be required to notify their customers concerning the receipt by them of requests from state or local agencies for disclosures of financial records of such customers. However, except as otherwise provided in ORS 192.550 to 192.595, nothing in ORS 192.550 to 192.595 shall preclude financial institutions from giving such notice to customers. A court may order a financial institution to withhold notification to a customer of the receipt of a summons, subpoena or search warrant when the court finds that notice to the customer would impede the investigation being conducted by the state or local agency.
(4) Financial institutions that participate in a trust account overdraft notification program established under ORS 9.132 are not liable to a lawyer or law firm on the attorney trust account, to a beneficiary of the trust account or to the Oregon State Bar for loss or damage caused in whole or in part by that participation or arising in any way out of that participation.
(5) A financial institution shall not be liable to any person for any loss, damage or injury arising out of or in any way pertaining to the release of information pursuant to ORS 192.555 (2)(a). [1977 c.517 §6; 1993 c.131 §4; 1995 c.666 §28]Section: Previous 192.550 192.555 192.557 192.559 192.560 192.565 192.570 192.575 192.580 192.585 192.587 192.590 192.595 192.610 192.620 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008