(1) The Oregon Film and Video Office shall be governed by the Film and Video Board.
(2) The Film and Video Board shall consist of five members appointed by the Governor.
(3) The five members shall be appointed as follows:
(a) Two members shall be appointed from professional filmmakers, videographers or production and support service firms.
(b) Two members shall be from the private financial sector and shall have experience in high-risk venture investments, either with start-up companies or in commercial banking.
(c) One member shall be appointed from a group or firm representing emerging media technologies.
(4) A member of the board shall be appointed for a term of four years that begins on July 1. A member shall hold office for the term of the appointment and until a successor is appointed. However, a member may be removed from the board at the pleasure of the Governor. A member is eligible for reappointment.
(5) Upon expiration of the term of a member of the board, a successor shall be appointed for a term of four years. In case of a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall appoint an individual to serve the unexpired term of the member to be replaced.
(6) The board shall annually select one of its members to chair the board with those duties and powers that the board determines are necessary to perform the functions of the office.
(7) A majority of the members of the board constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(8) The board shall meet at least once in each calendar quarter at a time and place to be determined by the chairperson of the board. All meetings of the board shall be held in Oregon. The chairperson or any two members of the board may call a special meeting after providing written notice of the meeting to the other members at least seven days prior to the meeting.
(9) Members of the board are entitled to expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (2). [1995 c.242 §3; 1997 c.632 §5]Section: Previous 284.270 284.275 284.280 284.285 284.300 284.305 284.310 284.315 284.320 284.325 284.330 284.335 284.340 284.345 284.350 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008