(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, when carrying out the duties, functions and powers of the Oregon Film and Video Office, the director of the office may contract with any state agency for the performance of such duties, functions and powers that the director considers appropriate.
(2) The director of the office shall not, without the prior approval of the Film and Video Board:
(a) Award any contract for goods or professional services in excess of $25,000;
(b) Authorize any expenditure of moneys in excess of $25,000;
(c) Sell or otherwise dispose of real or personal property valued in excess of $25,000;
(d) Commence a civil legal action or proceeding;
(e) Sell, transfer and convey property to a buyer or lease property to a tenant;
(f) Borrow money and give guarantees;
(g) Finance, conduct or cooperate in the financing of facilities and projects to assist the film, video and emerging media industries; or
(h) In accordance with ORS chapter 183, adopt rules necessary for the administration of laws that the office is charged with administering.
(3) The Film and Video Board shall approve the lease of property to a tenant only when the sale, transfer or conveyance of the property cannot be effected with reasonable promptness or at a reasonable price.
(4) The Film and Video Board shall not allow the director to borrow money or give guarantees under subsection (2)(f) of this section unless the indebtedness or other obligations of the office are payable solely out of its own resources and do not constitute a pledge of the full faith and credit of the State of Oregon or any of the revenues of this state.
(5) The office shall file with the Governor and the Legislative Assembly a biennial report of the activities and operations of the office. The report shall include a full and complete reporting of the financial activities and transactions of the office during the biennium, including at least the information required under ORS 284.365 (5). [1995 c.242 §9]Section: Previous 284.300 284.305 284.310 284.315 284.320 284.325 284.330 284.335 284.340 284.345 284.350 284.355 284.360 284.365 284.367 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008