The Oregon Film and Video Office shall:
(1) Assist in the development of Oregonís indigenous film and video industry.
(2) Act as the primary liaison and contact on behalf of the State of Oregon for film or video production companies and personnel operating in this state.
(3) Provide assistance to:
(a) Out-of-state production companies;
(b) Location managers and scouts;
(c) Film and video production personnel on location in this state when dealing with local jurisdictions and state and federal agencies;
(d) The general public regarding film and video productions; and
(e) Local communities in attracting film and video productions.
(4) Coordinate with affected state and federal agencies to permit filming.
(5) Market and promote Oregon as a location for film or video productions.
(6) Promote the film and video industry in Oregon and the emerging interactive multimedia technologies and related industries in this state by:
(a) Developing a skilled workforce;
(b) Developing and managing production facilities and other related infrastructure;
(c) Educating the business, financial and political communities in this state concerning the positive economic and promotional effects of these industries; and
(d) Promoting investment in the film and video industry, including facilitating joint ventures and partnerships in the industry.
(7) Maintain the confidential nature of the negotiations it conducts as requested by persons doing business with the office. [1995 c.242 §6]Section: Previous 284.310 284.315 284.320 284.325 284.330 284.335 284.340 284.345 284.350 284.355 284.360 284.365 284.367 284.368 284.369 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008