(1) Except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, real or personal property that the Oregon Economic and Community Development Commission, acting pursuant to ORS 285C.606, has determined is an eligible project under ORS 285C.600 to 285C.626 shall be subject to assessment and taxation as follows:
(a) That portion of the real market value of the eligible project that equals the minimum cost of the project under ORS 285C.606 (1)(c), increased annually for growth at the rate of three percent, shall be taxable at the taxable portionís assessed value under ORS 308.146. The taxable portion of real market value, as adjusted, shall be allocated as follows until the entire amount is assigned: first to land, second to buildings, third to real property machinery and equipment and last to personal property.
(b) The remainder of the real market value shall be exempt from taxation for a period of 15 years from the beginning of the tax year after the earliest of the following dates:
(A) The date the property is certified for occupancy or, if no certificate of occupancy is issued, the date the property is used to produce a product for sale; or
(B) The expiration of the exemption for commercial facilities under construction under ORS 307.330.
(2) If the real market value of the property falls below the value determined under subsection (1)(a) of this section, the owner or lessee shall pay taxes only on the assessed value of the property.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, real or personal property that has received an exemption under ORS 285C.175 may not be assessed under this section.
(4) The Department of Revenue may adopt rules and prescribe forms that the department determines are necessary for administration of this section.
(5) The determination by the Oregon Economic and Community Development Commission that a project is an eligible project that may receive a tax exemption under this section shall be conclusive, so long as the property included in the eligible project is constructed and installed in accordance with the application approved by the commission.
(6) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, if the owner or lessee of property exempt under this section fails to pay the fee required under ORS 285C.609 (4)(b) by the end of the tax year in which it is due, the exemption shall be revoked and the property shall be fully taxable for the following tax year and for each subsequent tax year for which the fee remains unpaid. If an unpaid fee is paid after the exemption is revoked, the property shall again be eligible for the exemption provided under this section, beginning with the tax year after the payment is made. Reinstatement of the exemption under this subsection shall not extend the 15-year exemption period provided for in subsection (1)(b) of this section. [1993 c.737 §5; 1995 c.698 §8; 1997 c.325 §19; 1997 c.541 §412; 2003 c.662 §12]Section: Previous 307.110 307.111 307.112 307.115 307.118 307.120 307.122 307.123 307.125 307.126 307.127 307.130 307.134 307.136 307.140 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008