As used in ORS 329.215 to 329.235:
(1) “Approved program” means an early childhood education program approved by the Department of Education.
(2) “At-risk children” means children who may have difficulty achieving in school and who meet criteria established by the State Board of Education by rule.
(3) “Early childhood education” means educational programs that conform to the standards adopted by the State Board of Education by rule and that are designed for the education and training of children who are at least three years of age but have not passed their ninth birthday, and includes all special educational programs established and operated under this chapter.
(4) “Early Childhood Improvement Program” means those programs meeting the criteria included in ORS 329.237 and complying with rules adopted by the State Board of Education.
(5) “Extended day services” means programs that serve young children and operate during hours beyond regular school time.Section: Previous 329.183 329.185 329.190 329.195 329.200 329.210 329.215 329.215 329.220 329.225 329.225 329.228 329.230 329.235 329.237 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008