(1) The School Improvement and Professional Development program shall be administered by the Department of Education according to rules established pursuant to ORS 329.675 to 329.745 and 329.788 to 329.820 by the State Board of Education.
(2) A school district or an education service district, or a combination of such entities, may submit an application to the Department of Education to receive a School Improvement and Professional Development grant.
(3) The Department of Education shall be responsible for evaluating district proposals according to rules and criteria established by the State Board of Education.
(4) Grants under this program shall be effective for one or two calendar years and are renewable. A district may apply to continue its grant for one or two years but in no event is the district entitled to receive more than $1,000 for each teacher for whom a grant is received during the continuation period.
(5) In awarding grants, the Department of Education shall work to insure a representation of school districts of different sizes and in different geographical locations.Section: Previous 329.675 329.680 329.685 329.685 329.690 329.690 329.695 329.695 329.700 329.700 329.704 329.705 329.709 329.709 329.710 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008