(1) The State Board of Education shall establish a procedure for a school district to award credits to eligible students for eligible post-secondary courses completed under the Expanded Options Program.
(2) Prior to an eligible studentís beginning an eligible post-secondary course, the school district shall notify the student of the number and type of credits that the student will be granted upon successful completion of the eligible post-secondary course.
(3) If there is a dispute between the school district and the eligible student regarding the number or type of credits that the school district will grant to a student or that the school district has granted for a particular eligible post-secondary course, the student may appeal the school districtís decision using an appeals process adopted by the school district board.
(4) Credits granted to an eligible student shall be counted toward high school graduation requirements and subject area requirements of the state and the school district. Evidence of successful completion of each eligible post-secondary course and credits granted shall be included in the studentís education record. A student shall provide the school district with a copy of the studentís grade in each eligible post-secondary course taken for credit under the Expanded Options Program. The studentís education record shall indicate that the credits were earned at an eligible post-secondary institution.
(5) The eligible post-secondary institution shall award post-secondary credit for any eligible post-secondary course successfully completed for credit at the institution if the course is considered by the institution to be a college-level course. Other post-secondary institutions may award, after a student leaves secondary school, post-secondary credit for any eligible post-secondary course successfully completed under the Expanded Options Program. A post-secondary institution may not charge a student for the award of credit. [2005 c.674 §9]Section: Previous 340.010 340.015 340.020 340.025 340.030 340.035 340.037 340.040 340.045 340.050 340.055 340.060 340.065 340.070 340.073 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008