(1) Prior to February 15 of each year, each school district shall notify all high school students and the studentsí parents or guardians of the Expanded Options Program for the following school year.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, a school district, in the districtís enrollment materials, shall notify a student and the studentís parent or guardian of the Expanded Options Program if the student enrolls in a school of the district after the district has issued the notice described in subsection (1) of this section and the student is:
(a) Transferring to a high school in the district from another district; or
(b) Returning to high school after dropping out of school.
(3) Each school district shall establish a process to ensure that all at-risk students and their parents are notified about the Expanded Options Program.
(4) A school district shall notify a high school student who has officially expressed an intent to participate in the Expanded Options Program pursuant to ORS 340.025 (1) or (2), and the studentís parent or guardian, of the studentís eligibility status within 20 business days after the student officially expressed the intent.
(5) The State Board of Education shall establish by rule the required components of the notice. The notice must include, but not be limited to, information about:
(a) Financial arrangements for tuition, textbooks, equipment and materials;
(b) Available transportation services;
(c) The effect of enrolling in the Expanded Options Program on the eligible studentís ability to complete the required high school graduation requirements;
(d) The consequences of failing or not completing an eligible post-secondary course;
(e) The requirement that participation in the Expanded Options Program is contingent on acceptance by an eligible post-secondary institution; and
(f) School district timelines affecting student eligibility and duplicate course determinations. [2005 c.674 §5; 2007 c.567 §2]Section: Previous 340.005 340.010 340.015 340.020 340.025 340.030 340.035 340.037 340.040 340.045 340.050 340.055 340.060 340.065 340.070 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008