For purposes of this chapter:
(1) “Accelerated college credit program” has the meaning given that term by rules adopted by the State Board of Education.
(2) “At-risk student” means:
(a) A student who qualifies for a free or reduced lunch program; or
(b) An at-risk student as defined by rules adopted by the board if the board has adopted rules to define an at-risk student.
(3) “Duplicate course” means a course with a scope that is identical to the scope of another course.
(4)(a) “Eligible post-secondary course” means any nonsectarian course or program offered through an eligible post-secondary institution if the course or program may lead to high school completion, a certificate, professional certification, associate degree or baccalaureate degree.
(b) “Eligible post-secondary course” does not include a duplicate course offered at the student’s resident school.
(c) “Eligible post-secondary course” includes:
(A) Academic and professional technical courses; and
(B) Distance education courses.
(5) “Eligible post-secondary institution” means:
(a) A community college;
(b) A state institution of higher education listed in ORS 352.002; and
(c) The Oregon Health and Science University.
(6)(a) “Eligible student” means a student who is enrolled in an Oregon public school and who:
(A) Is 16 years of age or older at the time of enrollment in a course under the Expanded Options Program;
(B)(i) Is in grade 11 or 12 at the time of enrollment in a course under the Expanded Options Program; or
(ii) Is not in grade 11 or 12, because the student has not completed the required number of credits, but who has been allowed by the school district to participate in the program;
(C) Has developed an educational learning plan as described in ORS 340.025; and
(D) Has not successfully completed the requirements for a high school diploma as established by ORS 329.451, the State Board of Education and the school district board.
(b) “Eligible student” does not include a foreign exchange student enrolled in a school under a cultural exchange program.
(7) “Expanded Options Program” means the program created under this chapter.
(8) “Scope” means depth and breadth of course content as evidenced through a planned course statement including content outline, applicable state content standards where appropriate, course goals and student outcomes. [2005 c.674 §1; 2007 c.567 §1]Section: 340.005 340.010 340.015 340.020 340.025 340.030 340.035 340.037 340.040 340.045 340.050 340.055 340.060 340.065 340.070 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008