The Department of Higher Education shall be conducted under the control of a board of 12 directors, to be known as the State Board of Higher Education. The board shall consist of:
(1) Two students, who at the time of their appointment to the board, are admitted at different public institutions of higher education in Oregon listed in ORS 352.002.
(2) One member of the faculty at Oregon State University, Portland State University or University of Oregon.
(3) One member of the faculty at Eastern Oregon University, Oregon Institute of Technology, Southern Oregon University or Western Oregon University.
(4) Eight members of the general public who are not students or faculty at the time of their appointment. [Amended by 1973 c.379 §1; 1997 c.450 §1; 2007 c.290 §1]
Note: Section 3, chapter 290, Oregon Laws 2007, provides:
Sec. 3. (1) The director on the State Board of Higher Education who is a member of the faculty of a public institution of higher education on the effective date of this 2007 Act [January 1, 2008] may continue to serve on the board until the director’s term of office expires.
(2) The Governor shall appoint the additional faculty member required by the amendments to ORS 351.010 by section 1 of this 2007 Act so that the requirements of both ORS 351.010 (2) and (3) are met. [2007 c.290 §3]Section: Previous 351.001 351.003 351.005 351.007 351.009 351.010 351.020 351.030 351.040 351.050 351.060 351.065 351.067 351.070 351.072 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008