(1) The district board shall consist of five members, each of whom shall be an elector of the district. The terms of office for the district board members first elected shall be determined by lot. The terms of two shall expire June 30 next following the first regular district election and the terms of three shall expire June 30 next following the second regular district election.
(2) As soon as possible after the election and the taking of the oath of office by the members, an organizational meeting shall be held and officers selected. A majority of the members shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
(3) Except as provided in subsection (1) of this section, the term of office of each district board member is four years.
(4) The members of the district board shall serve without compensation, but shall be entitled to receive actual and necessary travel and other expenses incurred in the performance of their duties.
(5) The district board shall fill any vacancy on the board in the manner provided in ORS 198.320. [1975 c.286 §5; 1979 c.108 §12; 1983 c.83 §78; 1983 c.350 §214]Section: Previous 354.550 354.605 354.615 354.625 354.635 354.645 354.650 354.655 354.665 354.675 354.680 354.685 354.690 354.695 354.700 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008