A translator district shall have full power to carry out the objectives of its formation and to that end may:
(1) Acquire by purchase, devise or gift or voluntary grant real and personal property or any interest therein including any rights of way or easements necessary or convenient for its purposes.
(2) Sue and be sued in its own name.
(3) Build, construct, improve, operate and maintain, subject to other applicable provisions of law, any translators necessary for the transmission of signals intended to be received by the general public.
(4) Perform all acts necessary to insure an efficient and equitable distribution of television programming within the district subject to the availability of funds in the approved budget.
(5) Make contracts of any lawful nature, employ personnel, including any technical or professional consultants necessary to carry out the provisions of ORS 354.605 to 354.715.
(6) Apply for, accept and hold any licenses or permits required under federal or state law. [1975 c.286 §7; 1979 c.108 §13]Section: Previous 354.615 354.625 354.635 354.645 354.650 354.655 354.665 354.675 354.680 354.685 354.690 354.695 354.700 354.705 354.715 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008