The Oregon Heritage Commission is designated the primary agency for coordination of heritage activities and shall coordinate its activities with public and private organizations that express an interest in the heritage of Oregon. The commission shall:
(1) Prepare and adopt an Oregon Heritage Plan to address coordination for the identification, curation, restoration and interpretation of heritage resources.
(2) Increase efficiency and avoid duplication among the various interest groups that seek to preserve heritage resources.
(3) Coordinate a comprehensive inventory of state-owned cultural properties and make the inventory available to the public.
(4) In conjunction with the Economic and Community Development Department encourage tourism activities relating to heritage resources.
(5) Coordinate statewide anniversary celebrations.
(6) Coordinate statewide celebrations of Asian American Heritage Month. [1995 c.428 §7; 1999 c.690 §3; 2003 c.244 §3; 2005 c.233 §3]
Note: See note under 358.570.Section: Previous 358.565 358.570 358.575 358.580 358.583 358.585 358.590 358.595 358.605 358.610 358.612 358.615 358.617 358.620 358.622 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008