(1) The Administrator of the Office for Oregon Health Policy and Research shall be responsible for analyzing and reporting on the implementation of the elements of the Oregon Health Plan that are assigned to various state agencies, including but not limited to the Department of Human Services and the Department of Consumer and Business Services.
(2) The administrator shall administer the Health Services Commission, the Medicaid Advisory Committee and the Health Resources Commission and provide administrative support to the Oregon Health Policy Commission. Pursuant to the responsibilities described in this subsection and subsection (1) of this section, the administrator may review and monitor the progress of the various activities that comprise Oregonís efforts to reform health care through state-funded and employer-based coverage. Except for administration of the Health Services Commission, the Medicaid Advisory Committee and the Health Resources Commission and providing administrative support to the Oregon Health Policy Commission and as specifically authorized in ORS 414.018 to 414.024, 414.042, 414.107, 414.710, 414.720 and 735.712, the administrator shall not be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Oregon Health Plan, but shall exercise such oversight responsibilities as are necessary to further the Oregon Health Planís goals.
(3) The administrator shall employ such staff or utilize such state agency personnel as are necessary to fulfill the responsibilities and duties of the administrator. In addition, the administrator may contract with third parties for technical and administrative services necessary to carry out Oregon Health Plan activities where contracting promotes economy, avoids duplication of effort and makes best use of available expertise. The administrator may call upon other state agencies to provide available information as necessary to assist the administrator in meeting the responsibilities under ORS 414.018 to 414.024, 414.042, 414.107, 414.710, 414.720 and 735.712. The information shall be supplied as promptly as circumstances permit.
(4) The Oregon Health Policy Commission shall serve as the primary advisory committee to the administrator, the Governor and the Legislative Assembly. The administrator also may appoint other technical or advisory committees to assist the Oregon Health Policy Commission in formulating its advice. Individuals appointed to any technical or other advisory committee shall serve without compensation for their services as members, but may be reimbursed for their travel expenses pursuant to ORS 292.495.
(5) The administrator may apply for, receive and accept grants, gifts and other payments, including property and services, from any governmental or other public or private entity or person and may make arrangements for the use of these receipts, including the undertaking of special studies and other projects relating to health care costs and access to health care.
(6) The directors of the Departments of Human Services and Consumer and Business Services and other state agency personnel responsible for implementing elements of the Oregon Health Plan shall cooperate fully with the administrator in carrying out their responsibilities under the Oregon Health Plan.
(7) All health policy advisory committees reporting to the Office for Oregon Health Policy and Research and all advisory task forces on health policy appointed by the administrator shall report directly to the Oregon Health Policy Commission.
(8)(a) ORS 192.610 to 192.690 apply to any meeting of any technical or advisory committee or advisory task force with the authority to make decisions for, conduct policy research for or make recommendations to the Office for Oregon Health Policy and Research.
(b) Paragraph (a) of this subsection applies only to meetings attended by two or more committee or task force members who are not employed by a public body. [1993 c.815 §3; 1995 c.727 §19; 1997 c.683 §14; 1999 c.547 §5; 2003 c.47 §1; 2003 c.784 §6]
Note: See note under 414.018.
Section: Previous 414.014 414.015 414.016 414.017 414.018 414.019 414.020 414.021 414.022 414.023 414.024 414.025 414.026 414.027 414.028 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008