As used in this section and ORS 414.342 and 414.348:
(1) “Eligible person” means a resident of this state who:
(a) Is 65 years of age or older;
(b) Has a gross annual income that does not exceed the lesser of the maximum amount established by the Department of Human Services by rule or 185 percent of the federal poverty guidelines;
(c) Has not been covered under any public or private prescription drug benefit program for the previous six months; and
(d) Has less than $2,000 in resources.
(2) “Enrollee” means a person who has been found to be eligible for the Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program, who has paid an enrollment fee of up to $50 and who has a Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program enrollment card issued by the Department of Human Services.
(3) “Federal poverty guidelines” means the most recent poverty guidelines as published annually in the Federal Register by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
(4) “Income” has the meaning given that term in ORS 411.704.
(5) “Resources” includes but is not limited to cash, checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, money market funds, stocks and bonds. “Resources” does not include the primary residence or car of an eligible person.
(6) “Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program price” means the price of a prescription drug paid by an enrollee that is equal to or less than the Medicaid price. [2001 c.869 §3; 2005 c.381 §15]
Note: See note under 414.338.Section: Previous 414.327 414.329 414.330 414.332 414.334 414.336 414.338 414.340 414.342 414.344 414.346 414.348 414.350 414.355 414.360 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008