(1) The Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program is created in the Department of Human Services. The purpose of the program is to provide financial assistance to eligible persons for the purchase of prescription drugs.
(2) A pharmacy shall charge an enrollee the Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program price for a prescription drug upon presentation of a Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program enrollment card.
(3) A pharmacy may charge the enrollee an amount established by the Department of Human Services to cover the professional dispensing fee, which may not exceed the fee paid by the state Medicaid program.
(4) This section does not apply to over-the-counter medications.
(5) The department shall provide a mechanism to calculate and transmit the Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program price to the pharmacy.
(6) A person seeking to participate in the Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program shall apply annually by completing and mailing a one-page application and including payment of an enrollment fee established by the department, not to exceed $50. The department shall issue an enrollment card annually to enrollees of the program. Each individualís application shall be considered separately, regardless of the number of persons in the individualís household.
(7) The maximum prescription drug assistance available annually to an enrollee is $2,000.
(8) Subject to funds available, the Department of Human Services may adjust the Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program price to subsidize up to 50 percent of the Medicaid price of the prescription drug, using a sliding scale based on the income and resources of an enrollee.
(9)(a) The department shall adopt rules that:
(A) Identify critical access pharmacies; and
(B) Provide for additional reimbursement to critical access pharmacies that participate in the Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program.
(b) In addition, a critical access pharmacy may charge an enrollee a fee of not more than $2 per prescription. The $2 charge shall be annually adjusted for inflation using the U.S. City Average Consumer Price Index, as defined in ORS 316.037. [2001 c.869 §4]
Note: See note under 414.338.Section: Previous 414.329 414.330 414.332 414.334 414.336 414.338 414.340 414.342 414.344 414.346 414.348 414.350 414.355 414.360 414.365 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008