(1) There is created a 12-member Drug Use Review Board responsible for advising the Department of Human Services on the implementation of the retrospective and prospective drug utilization review programs.
(2) The members of the board shall be appointed by the Director of Human Services and shall serve a term of two years. An individual appointed to the board may be reappointed upon completion of the individualís term. The membership of the board shall be composed of the following:
(a) Four persons licensed as physicians and actively engaged in the practice of medicine or osteopathic medicine in Oregon, who may be from among persons recommended by the Oregon Medical Association, the Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of Oregon or other organization representing physicians;
(b) One person licensed as a physician in Oregon who is actively engaged in academic medicine;
(c) Three persons licensed and actively practicing pharmacy in Oregon who may be from among persons recommended by the Oregon State Pharmacists Association, the National Association of Chain Drug Stores, the Oregon Society of Hospital Pharmacists, the Oregon Society of Consultant Pharmacists or other organizations representing pharmacists whether affiliated or unaffiliated with any association;
(d) One person licensed as a pharmacist in Oregon who is actively engaged in academic pharmacy;
(e) Two persons who shall represent persons receiving medical assistance; and
(f) One person licensed and actively practicing dentistry in Oregon who may be from among persons recommended by the Oregon Dental Association or other organizations representing dentists.
(3) Board members must have expertise in one or more of the following:
(a) Clinically appropriate prescribing of outpatient drugs covered by the medical assistance program.
(b) Clinically appropriate dispensing and monitoring of outpatient drugs covered by the medical assistance program.
(c) Drug use review, evaluation and intervention.
(d) Medical quality assurance.
(4) The director shall fill a vacancy on the board by appointing a new member to serve the remainder of the unexpired term based upon qualifications described in subsections (2) and (3) of this section.
(5) A board member may be removed only by a vote of eight members of the board and the removal must be approved by the director. The director may remove a member, without board action, if a member fails to attend two consecutive meetings unless such member is prevented from attending by serious illness of the member or in the memberís family. [1993 c.578 §2]
Note: See note under 414.350.Section: Previous 414.338 414.340 414.342 414.344 414.346 414.348 414.350 414.355 414.360 414.365 414.370 414.375 414.380 414.385 414.390 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008