In appropriate instances, interventions developed under ORS 414.360 (1)(d) may include the following:
(1) Information disseminated to prescribers and pharmacists to insure that they are aware of the duties and powers of the Drug Use Review Board.
(2) Written, oral or electronic reminders of recipient-specific or drug-specific information that are designed to insure recipient, prescriber and pharmacist confidentiality, and suggested changes in the prescribing or dispensing practices designed to improve the quality of care.
(3) Face-to-face discussions between experts in drug therapy and the prescriber or pharmacist who has been targeted for educational intervention.
(4) Intensified reviews or monitoring of selected prescribers or pharmacists.
(5) Educational outreach through the retrospective program focusing on improvement of prescribing and dispensing practices.
(6) The timely evaluation of interventions to determine if the interventions have improved the quality of care.
(7) The review of case profiles before the conducting of an intervention. [1993 c.578 §8; 2003 c.70 §2]
Note: See note under 414.350.Section: Previous 414.344 414.346 414.348 414.350 414.355 414.360 414.365 414.370 414.375 414.380 414.385 414.390 414.395 414.400 414.410 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008