(1) The Department of Human Services may, through contract or otherwise, acquire, purchase, receive, hold, exchange, operate, demolish, construct, lease, maintain, repair, replace, improve and equip community housing for the purpose of providing care to individuals with mental retardation or other developmental disabilities.
(2) The department may dispose of community housing acquired under subsection (1) of this section in a public or private sale, upon such terms and conditions as the department considers advisable to increase the quality and quantity of community housing for individuals with mental retardation or other developmental disabilities. The department may include in any instrument conveying fee title to community housing language that restricts the use of the community housing to provide care for individuals with mental retardation or other developmental disabilities. Such restriction is not a violation of ORS 93.270. Any instrument conveying fee title to community housing under this subsection shall provide that equipment in the community housing is a part of and shall remain with the real property unless such equipment was modified or designed specifically for an individualís use, in which case such equipment shall follow the individual.
(3) The department may provide financial assistance to a housing provider or a care provider that wishes to provide community housing for individuals with mental retardation or other developmental disabilities under rules promulgated by the department.
(4) The department may transfer its ownership of equipment to care providers.
(5) When exercising the authority granted to the department under this section, the department is not subject to ORS 276.900 to 276.915 or 279A.250 to 279A.290 or ORS chapters 270 and 273. [1999 c.753 §3; 2003 c.794 §282; 2007 c.70 §222]Section: Previous 427.285 427.290 427.293 427.295 427.300 427.305 427.306 427.310 427.315 427.320 427.325 427.330 427.335 427.340 427.345 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008