(1) The Director of Human Services or a designee thereof, the State Fire Marshal or a designee thereof or any law enforcement agency may determine that property is not fit for use pursuant to ORS 105.555, 431.175 and 453.855 to 453.912 and applicable rules adopted by the Department of Human Services and may make that determination on site. The determination is effective immediately and renders the property not fit for use.
(2) The owner may appeal the determination, to the agency that made the determination, within 30 working days after the determination, pursuant to rules of the agency, or to circuit court.
(3) The appeal to the agency is not a contested case under ORS chapter 183. The question on appeal is limited to whether the site is an illegal drug manufacturing site.
(4) If a determination that property is not fit for use is made under subsection (1) of this section, a local government or the state may provide notice that the real property has been determined to be an illegal drug manufacturing site and not fit for use to:
(a) A person in each residence located within 300 feet of the real property if the real property is located within an urban growth boundary; or
(b) A person in each residence located within one quarter mile of the real property if the real property is not located within an urban growth boundary.
(5) The notice described in subsection (4) of this section shall be in writing and shall include:
(a) The address of the real property that is determined to be not fit for use;
(b) A statement that the determination is subject to appeal and that the real property may be determined to be fit for use if the appeal is successful or if the real property is certified as decontaminated;
(c) The telephone number of the office of the Department of Human Services that is responsible for overseeing the decontamination of illegal drug manufacturing sites; and
(d) The website for the Department of Human Services office responsible for overseeing the decontamination of illegal drug manufacturing sites that contains information on the dangers associated with real property that has been used as an illegal drug manufacturing site. [1989 c.915 §9; 1999 c.861 §2; 2003 c.559 §1]Section: Previous 453.855 453.858 453.861 453.864 453.867 453.870 453.873 453.876 453.879 453.882 453.885 453.886 453.888 453.891 453.894 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008