(1) The Department of Human Services by rule shall establish performance standards for contractors under ORS 105.555, 431.175 and 453.855 to 453.912.
(2) The department shall train and test, or may approve courses to train and test, contractorsí personnel on the essential elements in assessing premises used as an illegal drug manufacturing site to determine hazard reduction measures needed, techniques for adequately reducing contaminants, use of personal protective equipment and relevant federal regulations and state rules.
(3) Upon the contractorís supervisory personnelís successful completion of the training and testing and the contractor having complied with the rules of the department and having paid the required fee, the contractor shall be licensed. Licenses are renewable biennially, as determined by rule of the department, upon supervisory personnelís successful completion of any required refresher course.
(4) The department may deny, suspend or revoke the license of any contractor pursuant to ORS chapter 183 for:
(a) Failing to:
(A) Perform decontamination work under the supervision of trained personnel;
(B) File a work plan;
(C) Perform work pursuant to the plan;
(D) Pay a civil penalty imposed under ORS 105.555, 431.175 and 453.855 to 453.912; or
(E) Perform work that meets the requirements of ORS 453.903.
(b) Committing fraud or misrepresentation in:
(A) Applying for a license;
(B) Seeking approval of a work plan; or
(C) Documenting completion of the work to the department.
(5) The department may impose a civil penalty not to exceed $500, in addition to or in lieu of license denial, suspension or revocation, pursuant to ORS chapter 183. [1989 c.915 §13; 1991 c.67 §126]Section: Previous 453.870 453.873 453.876 453.879 453.882 453.885 453.886 453.888 453.891 453.894 453.897 453.900 453.903 453.906 453.909 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008