(1) This chapter shall be applicable and uniform throughout the state and all political subdivisions and municipalities therein, and no local authority shall enact any ordinances, rules or regulations in conflict with the provisions hereof.
(2) Any other state or local law or regulation providing any penalty, disability or prohibition for the manufacture, transportation, distribution, advertising, possession or sale of any lottery tickets or shares shall not apply to the tickets or shares of the state lottery. The gambling laws of the State of Oregon shall not apply to lottery tickets or shares, or to the operation of the state lottery established by the Constitution of the State of Oregon and this chapter.
(3) If any provision of this chapter or the application thereof to any person or circumstance is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect other provisions or applications of this chapter which can be given effect without the invalid provision or application, and to this end the provisions of this chapter are severable.
(4) This chapter is dependent and is conditioned upon the passage by the voters at the November 6, 1984, general election of an amendment to section 4, Article XV of the Oregon Constitution authorizing state operation of a lottery.
(5) The Oregon State Lottery is subject to:
(a) Statewide financial reporting required in ORS 291.040.
(b) The mass transit assessment under ORS 291.405.
(c) The deposit of state money to the State Treasurer under ORS 293.265. [1985 c.2 §8(2),(3),(5),(6),(9); 1985 c.302 §8(2),(3),(5),(6),(9)]Section: Previous 461.010 461.015 461.020 461.030 461.040 461.050 461.055 461.100 461.110 461.120 461.130 461.140 461.150 461.160 461.170 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008