(1) The Oregon State Lottery Commission is hereby created in state government.
(2)(a) The Oregon State Lottery Commission shall consist of five members appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate who shall serve at the pleasure of the Governor.
(b) The members shall be appointed for terms of four years.
(c) Vacancies shall be filled within 30 days by the Governor, subject to confirmation by the Senate, for the unexpired portion of the term in which they occur.
(3) At least one of the commissioners shall have a minimum of five years’ experience in law enforcement and at least one of the commissioners shall be a certified public accountant. No person shall be appointed as a lottery commissioner who has been convicted of a felony or a gambling related offense. No more than three members of the commission shall be members of the same political party.
(4) The commission shall exercise all powers necessary to effectuate the purpose of this chapter. In all decisions, the commission shall take into account the particularly sensitive nature of the lottery and shall act to promote and insure integrity, security, honesty and fairness in the operation and administration of the state lottery.
(5) Lottery commissioners shall be eligible for compensation and expenses under ORS 292.495.
(6) Lottery commissioners shall file a verified statement of economic interest with the Oregon Government Ethics Commission and shall be subject to the provisions of ORS chapter 244.
(7) The Governor shall select annually from the membership of the commission a chairperson who serves at the pleasure of the Governor. The chairperson or a majority of the members of the commission then in office shall have the power to call special meetings of the commission.
(8) Meetings of the commission shall be open and public in accordance with state law. Records of the commission shall be open and available to the public in accordance with state law. The commission shall meet with the Director of the Oregon State Lottery not less than monthly to make recommendations and set policy, to approve or reject reports of the director, to adopt rules and to transact other business.
(9) A quorum of the commission shall consist of a majority of the members of the commission then in office. All decisions of the commission shall be made by a majority vote of all of the commissioners then in office.
(10) The commission shall prepare quarterly and annual reports of the operation of the state lottery. Such reports shall include a full and complete statement of state lottery revenues, prize disbursements, expenses, net revenues and all other financial transactions involving state lottery funds. The commission shall, not less than annually, contact interested parties, including those named in ORS 461.180 (3), and provide them with such quarterly and annual reports as they may request. [1985 c.2 §2(1) to (10); 1985 c.302 §2(1) to (10); 1991 c.30 §1]Section: Previous 461.010 461.015 461.020 461.030 461.040 461.050 461.055 461.100 461.110 461.120 461.130 461.140 461.150 461.160 461.170 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008