(1) A person may not hold a race meet without having first obtained and having in full force and effect a license therefor issued by the Oregon Racing Commission.
(2) A trainer, driver, jockey, apprentice jockey, horse owner, dog owner, exercise person, agent, authorized agent, jockey’s agent, stable foreman, groom, valet, veterinarian, horseshoer, steward, stable guard, starter, timer, judge or other person acting as a participant or official at any race meet, including all employees of the pari-mutuel department, may not participate in race meets without having first obtained and having in full force and effect a license issued by the commission, pursuant to such rules as the commission shall make. The commission by rule may require other employees of a race meet licensee who are engaged in or performing duties at the race course to obtain a license issued by the commission prior to engaging or performing such duties. The commission by rule may also require persons, including corporations, who are not employees of a race meet licensee, but who are authorized to do business at the race course, to obtain a license issued by the commission prior to conducting such business.
(3) A person may not operate a public training track or public kennel for greyhounds participating in a race meet without having first obtained and having in full force and effect a license issued by the commission.
(4) The commission may require each applicant for a license to be photographed and shall require each applicant to be fingerprinted as part of the licensing procedure for the purpose of requesting a state or nationwide criminal records check under ORS 181.534.
(5) Each person holding a license under this chapter shall comply with all rules and orders of the commission.
(6) Notwithstanding the requirements of subsection (2) of this section, the commission, upon receipt of a written application for a license on forms provided by the commission, may in its sound discretion issue a temporary license valid for a period not to exceed 10 days pending final approval or disapproval of the written application for a license. [Amended by 1955 c.454 §1; 1957 c.313 §2; 1969 c.356 §11; 1975 c.549 §2; 1983 s.s. c.7 §1; 1999 c.59 §131; 2003 c.166 §2; 2005 c.730 §25]Section: Previous 462.010 462.020 462.025 462.030 462.040 462.050 462.055 462.057 462.060 462.062 462.065 462.067 462.070 462.072 462.073 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008