(1) As used in this section, “cash voucher” means a receipt showing the amount paid into a wagering system prior to placing a wager.
(2) Every licensee who conducts a race meet for horses shall carry on the books for each race meet an account to be known as the Cash Vouchers Account showing the total amount due on outstanding cash vouchers not presented for wager or payment. The licensee may not make payments from this account except to a person who presents a valid, clearly identifiable cash voucher.
(3) All cash vouchers must be used for wagering or presented for payment within 180 days after the close of the race meet at which the cash voucher was purchased. At the expiration of the 180-day period, the holder of the cash voucher does not possess any further right in the unused amount and the voucher is void.
(4) Two hundred ten days after the close of a race meet conducted by a licensee under this chapter, an amount equal to the outstanding balance of the Cash Vouchers Account shall be paid as follows:
(a) Seventy percent to the horsemen’s association having the greatest number of members entering horses in the race meets of the licensee during the 180-day period.
(b) Eighteen percent to the Oregon Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, Incorporated.
(c) Twelve percent to the Oregon Quarter Horse Racing Association, Incorporated.
(5) An association receiving a payment of moneys under subsection (4) of this section shall use the moneys only for benevolent or educational purposes of the association. A licensee shall be subject to a civil penalty of not less than $25 per day after 210 days for failure to pay moneys due to a horsemen’s association in accordance with this subsection. Civil penalties under this subsection shall be imposed as provided in ORS 183.745.
(6) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsections (3) and (4) of this section, if a continuous race meet is designated by the Oregon Racing Commission, the 180-day period referred to in subsection (3) of this section shall commence after the close of the continuous race meet at the race course.
(7) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (3) of this section, if the 180th day prescribed therein falls upon a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, the holder of the cash voucher may file the voucher with the licensee on the first business day thereafter. [2007 c.177 §2]Section: Previous 462.055 462.057 462.060 462.062 462.065 462.067 462.070 462.072 462.073 462.075 462.080 462.090 462.100 462.110 462.120 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008