(1) The Oregon Racing Commission may exclude from any and all race courses any person whom the commission deems detrimental to the best interest of racing or any person who willfully violates any provision of this chapter or any rule or order issued by the commission or any person who has been found guilty of violating any laws of this state, another state or the United States related to gambling or wagering or which adversely reflects on the personís honesty. The commission may take such action without first providing a hearing and without being subject to either criminal or civil liability. However, if no hearing is provided, then, within 10 days after the boardís action and upon demand by the aggrieved party, the commission shall grant a hearing as provided in ORS chapter 183, except that such hearing shall take place no later than 20 days following demand.
(2) Any person who has been convicted of or who attempts or conspires to commit touting, pool selling, bookmaking, circulating handbooks or wagering by other than the mutuel method whether within or without the state hereby is deemed to be an undesirable person detrimental to the best interest of racing.
(3) Any person who violates a rule or order of the commission or any person who fails to obey reasonable directives of the commissionís security personnel or any person having been excluded by order of the commission under subsection (1) or (2) of this section or is found engaging in or attempting to engage in touting, pool selling, bookmaking, circulating handbooks or wagering by other than the mutuel method or is disturbing the peace may be ejected from the race course.
(4) A race meet licensee may eject or exclude any person from the race course for any reason and in any manner that is not contrary to law.
(5) Any of the foregoing persons who refuses to leave a race course when ordered to do so by commission inspectors or the stewards, or by any peace officer, is guilty of a misdemeanor. [Amended by 1955 c.538 §1; 1957 c.313 §6; 1969 c.356 §16; 1973 c.612 §21; 1979 c.330 §3; 1983 s.s. c.7 §6; 1987 c.413 §5]Section: Previous 462.062 462.065 462.067 462.070 462.072 462.073 462.075 462.080 462.090 462.100 462.110 462.120 462.125 462.127 462.130 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008