(1) The Oregon Racing Commission may revoke, suspend or refuse to renew the license of any licensee upon any of the grounds upon which the commission could refuse to issue a license, as provided in ORS 462.075, or of any licensee who has been convicted by the commission of a violation of this chapter or any rule made pursuant thereto, or who fails to pay to the commission all sums required under this chapter.
(2) The commission may revoke, suspend or refuse to renew the license to hold a race meet of any licensee, if a corporation, which transfers any of its stock after a license to hold a race meet is issued and before the termination of the license period except as otherwise authorized in ORS 462.075 (2)(d).
(3) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the commission or board of stewards or board of judges may suspend, prior to any hearing, the license of any person whose license has been duly suspended by an official body of another state or country for violation of the racing or gaming laws or regulations of that jurisdiction. However, at the time of the license suspension in Oregon, the person must be notified of the right to request an immediate hearing to contest the suspension.
(4) Revocation of a license shall operate as a forfeiture of all rights and privileges granted by the commission and of all sums of money paid to the commission by the offender.
(5) When grounds exist for the revocation or suspension of a license issued pursuant to this chapter, the commission may, in its discretion, impose a civil penalty, not in excess of $1,000, on the licensee in lieu of or in addition to revoking or suspending the license. All sums paid the commission pursuant to this subsection shall be deposited as provided in ORS 462.260.
(6) Civil penalties under this section shall be imposed as provided in ORS 183.745. [Subsection (5) enacted as 1953 c.499 §3; 1957 c.313 §7; 1969 c.356 §17; 1973 c.612 §22; 1981 c.544 §19; 1983 s.s. c.7 §7; 1987 c.413 §6; 1991 c.734 §33; 1997 c.865 §7]Section: Previous 462.065 462.067 462.070 462.072 462.073 462.075 462.080 462.090 462.100 462.110 462.120 462.125 462.127 462.130 462.135 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008