As used in ORS 448.268, 448.271 and 468B.150 to 468B.190:
(1) “Area of ground water concern” means an area of the state subject to a declaration by the Department of Environmental Quality under ORS 468B.175 or the Department of Human Services under ORS 448.268.
(2) “Contaminant” means any chemical, ion, radionuclide, synthetic organic compound, microorganism, waste or other substance that does not occur naturally in ground water or that occurs naturally but at a lower concentration.
(3) “Ground water management area” means an area in which contaminants in the ground water have exceeded the levels established under ORS 468B.165, and the affected area is subject to a declaration under ORS 468B.180.
(4) “Fertilizer” has the meaning given that term in ORS 633.311.
(5) “Pesticide” has the meaning given that term in ORS 634.006. [Formerly 468.691; 1995 c.690 §7; 2001 c.914 §24]
Note: 468B.150 to 468B.188 were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 468B or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
468B.155 State goal to prevent ground water contamination. The Legislative Assembly declares that it is the goal of the people of the State of Oregon to prevent contamination of Oregon’s ground water resource while striving to conserve and restore this resource and to maintain the high quality of Oregon’s ground water resource for present and future uses. [Formerly 468.692]
Note: See note under 468B.150.Section: Previous 468B.138 468B.139 468B.140 468B.141 468B.142 468B.143 468B.144 468B.150 468B.160 468B.162 468B.164 468B.165 468B.166 468B.167 468B.169 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008